2014-10-28

Half way there! First shipment to go by the end of November.

I have collected nearly 5000 books = 60+ boxes so far.  That puts the project just a little past the halfway mark.

The plan is to send the first half of the book shipment by late November.  It should arrive sometime in December.  I will continue to collect and catalog books and hopefully have the second half of the shipment ready sometime in March or before. 

This project has been a terrific opportunity to meet many wonderful people who have offered their help to get the library collected and shipped.  It is a very time consuming process to collect, sort, box, catalog and then re-box all the books and I can not do it alone.  I am grateful for the assistance  that I have gotten that has allowed me to get to this point.


In order to send the books I will continue to need donations plus I along with a group of wonderful volunteers have been selling Yak Wool shawls that I brought back from my last trip to Nepal in May.  Between these two sources of funding I will have enough to pay for shipping the first 60 boxes. 

I will continue to sell shawls and ask for donations to cover the second shipment in March.


No comments:

Post a Comment