2014-04-12

Henry Winkler "The Fonz", John Lithgow and the Badi Library

April has arrived and the new school year is starting at CCS School in Kathmandu, Nepal.  My hope is that some time during this new school year they will receive the big shipment of library books that I am collecting in Singapore.  This shipment will go once the 100 - 130 boxes are filled.  Right now we are only at 15, that's approximately 1,800 books!  Depending on the size of the books there are between 100 - 230 books in each box.

I still love seeing the books that come across my table. I never knew John Lithgow or Henry Winkler were authors of children's books.  Who can forget "The Fonz" or Mr. Lithgow as a serial killer in the popular TV show Dexter.  But copies of Lithgow's, "Marsupial Sue"and Winkler's "Hank Zipzer (The World's Greatest Underachiever), I Got a 'D" in Salami" are on their way to a shelf in the Badi Library in Nepal.  I guess every library needs a little star power.

Speaking of sending the books on their way... I figured out an approximate shipping cost for each box and it will be around $80.00 a box.  If you would like to donate money for shipping please let me know.  I do have a way you can donate via a US based registered charity.

Keep the books coming!! I know we can do this.  Thanks for your support. 




No comments:

Post a Comment